Foreseeing a new era for Israel?
The entire world─as represented in the United Nations─ came against Israel last year. The latest UN Security Council Resolution 2334 was a total opposition to Israel and its capital of Jerusalem. Since Israel does not have a vote in the Security Council, they were left to watch yet another resolution forced upon the Jewish state.
On January 17, 2017, the sun rose again over the Holy City. As an unexpected move, Antonio Tajani, an Italian-born politician, was elected as the President of the European Parliament. Mr. Tajani already served the UN as an acting president and he is known as a true friend of Israel.
In his speech in Toulouse, France, before senior European rabbis, rabbinical judges and leaders of Jewish organizations from 32 European countries, Mr. Tajani said, “We respect the precepts of your faith and will fight without compromise for this right. The Jews are and were an important part of Europe’s history, present and future.”
Then, on January 20, 2017, Donald J. Trump was inaugurated as the President of the United States. During his first days in the Oval Office, President Trump reportedly prepared also two executive orders that would halt US funding to the UN and other bodies that grant full membership to the Palestinian Authority and the PLO.
Federal law already requires the US to withdraw US funding from UN agencies that “accords the Palestinian Liberation Organization (PLO) the same standing as member states” (of the UN). It was the statute, enacted in 1990, that required former President Obama to defund the UNESCO in 2011. The US finances $8 billion (22 percent) of the UN annual budget ─more than any other UN member nation.
The new orders from President Trump would also require eliminating all American taxpayer payments to an organization that is influenced by any state that sponsors terrorism and commits human rights violations. Palestinians, your free cash-flow may end soon!
Nikki Haley, former South Carolina Governor, was sworn in January to be President Trump’s choice for US Ambassador to the United Nations. Ambassador Haley has promised moral clarity as she began her new duties. “I will not go to New York and abstain when the UN seeks to create an international environment that encourages boycotts of Israel,” stated Mrs. Haley. As does the President, she is reportedly considering rolling back the effects of the Resolution 2334. “We host the UN and that should give us a great leverage,” she further stated. (References: Arutz Sheva, IND Weekly, The Times of Israel.)
UN, your budget is heading for a short-fall!
Committing time for prayer
“I was crying to the LORD with my voice, and He answered me from His holy mountain. I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people who have set themselves against me round about. Arise, O LORD, save me, O my God!” (Psalm 3:4, 6, 7)
- Thank the Lord and pray for Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu who is facing opposition for his personal and public life and schemes to overthrow his government.
- In prayer, comfort the families of four IDF personnel killed and 17 wounded when an Arab terrorist drove a stolen flatbed truck into a group of soldiers in the southeast Jerusalem on January 8.
- Pray for all Israeli soldiers including Christian Arabs and other groups serving in the IDF. They are dedicated to help the State by their military service.
- Intercede for all Israel as they work, study, raise their children and look after their elderly─all under the world’s hate and condemnation. May Israel know that their hope and strength come from the Lord, God of Israel.
- Pray for the future of the 100 orphaned children whom Israel has approved to bring from Syria.
- Sincerely appeal to the Lord for peace in Israel and in the entire Middle East.
Salvation belongs to the LORD. Thy blessing be upon Thy people! (Psalm 3:8)